Most auto repair shops do the same advertising over and over and still expect different results. Maybe it’s the sales person that talks them up and they get ‘visions of dollars dancing in their heads’. Well, from the responses I hear about, the only visions of dollars are in the sales person’s head.
When you’re promoting your auto repair shop to increase car counts, use the following 7 Auto Repair Shop Advertising Tips as a guideline so that you get a better response.
1) Your ad shouldn’t be about YOU: Most of the auto shop ads I see talk about everything THEY do; but they forget about the customer. The customer (like everyone else) is only looking for ‘What’s In It For Them’. What is their benefit? It’s not the fact that you’re family owned; It’s not the fact you’ve been in business for 25 years. You have to advertise the benefits that the customer is going to get.
2) Do you provide a solution to a problem? Why else would anyone look for an auto service shop if they didn’t have a problem? Does your ad speak to that problem? Do you provide a solution? Sorry, but being family owned is not a solution to any auto service problem that I’ve heard of.
3) How many ways to you have to contact you? Remember, there’s the internet and websites; e-mail; the Mobile Internet (for those accessing online searches from their phone); some people still use fax machines too! What about your phone numbers? How many do you have? Do you have a 24 hour help line? Do you use QR Codes to direct visitors to a Mobile Website?; Do you have a mobile website?; What about a 24 hour message line so I can get information about you before I visit? Make it easy for your customer to get in touch and give them as many ways as possible to connect.
4) Always include a non-threatening way for prospects to contact you: In some cases, people just want to get more information. Remember, they only purchase from those they know, trust and like. Do you have methods to deliver that information? What about a FREE Report that I can download from your website. What about a FREE Trial offer? Remove the risk and give people a non-threatening way to find out more about you.
5) Quit trying to sell from your ad: How many of those fancy 10% discount coupons have you ever received back? Yeah, I figured. Your ad isn’t about getting your customer to buy when YOU want them to. Your ad is about getting them to buy SOMETHING so that you have a customer; then continue to market to them with ongoing offers, discounts, promotions and specials.
6) Make your ad a way to collect leads; not to sell: This is really important as it’s the perfect way to build your ‘Sales Funnel’. Yes, people may be interested in your auto shop services, but typically they don’t purchase from those they don’t know, trust or like. Make your ad a ‘Lead Generation’ ad so that those interested will get to know you better.
7) Most Important – Create a Strong Call To Action: Nothing is going to happen unless the prospect takes an action. Buying something from you just because you placed and ad in a newspaper typically doesn’t work, right? (I am sure you can attest to that!) But taking an action can be as simple as getting them to download your report; Texting to get an offer or special; Listening to a 24 hour recorded message. There’s a lot of ways, but the important thing is that they take action.
Following these 7 tips will help improve your auto service shop advertising and let you build your business and increase your car counts!